About Senior Women's Pickleball
Hi! My name is Barb Elgin and I created Senior Women's Pickleball (SWP) for women 50 and better who PREFER pickleball experiences that are most of all warm and friendly while at the same time recreationally competitive.
We love the game and want to keep it fun, not a grind. We are mostly INTERMEDIATE level players who love the social and mental benefits of the game that leads to physical benefits as well!
We find we lack opportunities to mix pickleball with our leisure time, especially with travel, AND we have a hard time consistently finding like-minded women in our area to call upon whenever we can or want, to play the game.
LATEST NEWS: We are growing by leaps and bounds on this, our new, online community site. We started with a Facebook group a couple of years ago, but Facebook lacks key features we need to continue to develop as a community.
THEREFORE, I want to invite you to join our upgraded sight now.
Some of our most active members are beginning to set up play groups in their area. And, I recently traveled to Florida SPECIFICALLY seeking out pickleball travel trips for us. Intrigued? There's much more happening and I don't want you to miss out.
So...If you are looking to both enhance your game AND compete recreationally in fun, authentic, warm environments, we invite you! GET IN ON ALL THE FUN TO COME, BY JOINING OUR NEW AND UPGRADED SENIOR WOMEN'S PICKLEBALL COMMUNITY SITE FOR FREE...That's right. I don't want any obstacles to prevent you in getting started now! By joining our UPGRADED online community now, you can help us grow a hub of ladies like yourself, who want to play recreationally competitive pickleball, locally, nationally and internationally.
Here's what a FREE, Senior Women's Pickleball membership includes:
- The ability to create your own detailed, findable by others, profile.
- The ability to reach out and find other members in your area and members interested in the topics you are most interested in, including some unique groups just for left handers, night owls, and so much more.
- Join the local SWP play group closest to you. With this new member software, you can take charge of your local play destiny by connecting with other members, to help your local play group grow. If you don't see a local play group in your area listed, let me know and I'll add one for you.
- Join and/or create pickleball-themed and niched topics and groups on the site. Participate in discussions already started such as 'coping with chronic pain', 'knee injuries', 'injury recovery and prevention', play tips and more.
- Attend SWP pep talks and pep rallies. Be a part of 'insider discussions' on helping SWP grow.
- Master the inner and outer games of pickleball. Improve your fitness and form new friendships.
- Attend virtual and in person events with industry experts and senior women players, instructors and pros who will share their knowledge and wisdom with you!
- Enjoy SWP member only discounts to fellow member and partners services, products, etc.
- Tap into SWP's travel play group on the app to connect with other SWP members when you travel.
- Give and receive access to a 'brain trust' of opinions shared by fellow SWP members who are willing to talk about their experiences - good and bad - about the myriad of products and services advertised to senior women pickleballers from a wide variety of industries such as teaching/instruction, coaching, medical, psychological, health and fitness, etc.
- Connect with others who are likewise looking to collaborate on some really cool projects such as hosting SWP in person and online events, an SWP travel play league, pickleball-focused senior cohousing communities and more.
Become a VIP member, help me keep us operating and gain exclusive 'inner circle' perks like being offered VIP member only 'early access' to register for SWP Travel Vacations and invitation to Senior Women's Pickleball VIP member only events.
- Benefits we haven't created yet (but will, with the collaboration of SWP and it's members).
So now it's up to you to take the next three, simple steps:
- Register now for your free membership, while they last.
- Sign in to your SWP account and use features such as 'set your notifications' and complete your 'welcome checklist'. The welcome checklist will share with you the many ways to connect on the members only site.
- RSVP to our monthly, LIVE, video Pep Rallies, which are usually held on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 8:15p ET! Details will be found on member site.
I look forward to making sweet SWP memories with you! - Barb Elgin